Tuesday, August 11, 2009

recycled art... what is your way of going Green?


What is your favorite means of taking something old... making it new, or appreciated again?

In this day... all we hear is "Go Green". As artists, are we looking at our work table and opting to bring in fragments headed for the trash to include in our product? I know several of our Follow Me Boutique artists specialize in "revamping, recycling, and restoring".

Tell us about your projects that include recycled pieces.... where do you find your inventory to work with, and how does your process go from "trash to treasure"...


I love working with boxes, any box will do... My favorite would be what I term "exotics". Recently, a great friend of mine gave me several cloth rice bags... I'm still searching for the PERFECT use for these bags... I think it would be awesome to turn these little bags into treasures... so if you have any great ideas, let me know.

Back to boxes, I take the front and back of the selected box and measure it out to fit the project I want to create. Most of the time I turn these into assorted sized journal and planners. I have heard some people use them for diaries, recipe books, mini scrapbooks, and the put in the car, put in the purse, and put everywhere notepad....

I have expanded into using the DVD/VHS/BLUE RAY cardboard sleeve that slides over the movie when purchased as another source for my recycling projects. I also gather the little cardboard drink coasters from various restaurants and recycle those into little mini picture frames....

Please leave comments, and post what you do in the "Green Environment" we currently live in....

Have a great week everyone, and remember! You are NEVER too old to use Crayons!

Terri Yonemura

No comments:

Post a Comment